Most Java courses teach you the features and syntax of the language. This one tells you how to design and develop realistic OO applications in Java. Writing good code in Java, is as much about understanding OO design, as the Java language syntax. This course teaches you both. You learn all the good techniques of OO programming, such as design objects to an interface and decouple their roles. As well as learning how to implement these objects in Java. You will also be shown the underlying patterns of the Java Development Kit (JDK) — a proven learning method for quickly understanding the core mechanics of Java. The course is extremely practical, developed and taught by consultants with many years' experience in OO design. When taught at your site, this modular course can be adapted to your situation and requirements.
Duration: 5 days
- understand the patterns behind the language
- write well-decoupled Object Oriented (OO) code, with correct use of Java interfaces
- use techniques for good OO design to make your applications:
- straightforward to understand
- easy to maintain
- able to adapt and extend to meet new requirements
- follow a clear development method geared towards OO language development
- create Java components that are reusable and configurable at deployment
The course is suitable for anyone. For onsite training of development teams with experience of OO design and development in another language, such as C++, the course can be slimmed down. The course is run using Java 1.1.