This course presents techniques to tackle the myriad of usability issues facing the Web designer and Web application developer. These issues include accessibility for users with disabilities; serving a global audience; as well as understanding the use cases of the visitors to your application or site. The course also covers ideas taken from many years of research into Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and User Interface (UI) design. TriReme's Ian Graham is founder of the WU (Web Usability) patterns movement.
Duration: 2 days
- gain a strategy for designing usable Web sites and applications
- learn techniques to reduce risks of creating something that is unusable, eg prototyping
- know how to conduct your own usability evaluations
- practice designing sites that cater for a diverse range of cultures, personalities, and abilities
- acquire skills in applying Web Usability (WU) patterns
The course is suitable for Web designers and Web application developers.